Battery "connected but not charging" after temperature spike

Feb 11, 2018
My laptop (Avell B155 Fire V3) was accidentally transported while turned on. After noticing it was still on in the backpack it was immediately powered off (it was working "normally" from the battery at the time). About 20 minutes later when turned on again the battery icon was empty and it shows the massage "connected, not charging".

I don't think the battery is dead because it was working normally before turning it off. What might be the problem?

(sorry for the bad english, ask for any clarifications if you need)

hang-the-9

Titan
Shut down the system, take out the battery, hold in the power button for 30 seconds. Without the battery in the system turn it on using wall power only. Plug in the battery once the system is on, does it detect and charge it then? if not, try another battery.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chael Orallo Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 3
slydoge Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Laptop won't turn on (old and new battery) but turn on when the battery is removed and connected to Ac adapter
Question connect power through battery connector?
Solved! Battery indicator starts flashing 15 minutes after being connected to the charger
Solved! My toshiba S70 will operate when only the AC charger is connected but when I install new battery the laptop will not come on
Solved! New battery connecting and disconnecting from charger after a certain percent. (Windows 7)
Solved! My compaq laptop gets hot & shuts off even when battery is not connected
Laptop wont turn on if its not connected to AC (Battery works fine)
Asus connected but battery not charging
Laptop charging light blinking, but after performing hard boot test that by directly connecting ac adapter without battery and
Asus X441UA shut down only when battery is connected.
laptop not working with presence battery if too connected to power supply . (toshiba)
GTX 1060 (Laptop) works only on battery power and crashes when AC power is connected
i have t460 laptop which is working by adapter after connecting battery machine goes to power off... swapped the battery, memo
When i inserted new battery the charging light started blinking even without connecting the charger. Why ?
battery discharges while charger is connected ?
Laptop Battery 0% Available (Plugged in, Charging), When Connected to Universal Charger
There is a weird behaviour about my laptop charging. When my battery reaches 65 % while charging. It keeps connecting and disc
Laptop charger connects and disconnects while laptop is plugged and battery inserted
Laptop won't charge unless shut down. Randomly connects and disconnects if it is on.
Laptop battery not charging on connecting to power

ASK THE COMMUNITY