Battery Drainage Problem

pckitty4427

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Hi

Galaxy S3 Mini seems to be running out of battery really quickly. I checked the battery usage stats and it says that the Android OS is the main battery hogger, using 35 percent of the battery. Is this too much?

The only active widgets that I've got are the default whether one and a Google+ one, which I don't think should use a lot of battery.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Solution
Unfortunately you set the topic to a discussion not a question, so you don't get the option to select a solution.

I have changed that for you. You should now see the button on my posts.

Anyways, grats on figuring it out. I would recommend going to the play store, and downloading "ES Task Manager" it's a great app that lets you kill all background processes. It also lets you wipe the cache and a few other things. ES also has a file manager but you need root permissions to use it.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
My droid typically says that the OS is using the majority of the battery.

You can try deleting cache and temp files - it may improve battery life slightly.

Also the display is a pretty big power hog, try turning down your brightness.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Unfortunately you set the topic to a discussion not a question, so you don't get the option to select a solution.

I have changed that for you. You should now see the button on my posts.

Anyways, grats on figuring it out. I would recommend going to the play store, and downloading "ES Task Manager" it's a great app that lets you kill all background processes. It also lets you wipe the cache and a few other things. ES also has a file manager but you need root permissions to use it.

Solution