Solved! Battery draining Mojave issues

Nov 30, 2018
There are over 30+ pages on the Apple forums regarding this matter. Apple seem very reluctant to issue a patch. Ever since I upgraded to 10.14.1, my battery lasts a matter of a few hours and does not sleep overnight.

Solution
For people having this issue do this in terminal:

log show | grep 'Wake reason' | grep '2018-12' (or if you want specific date, then grep specific date like 2018-12-10)

You will see why laptop wakes up and will be able to eliminate that reason, in my case I had this issue with laptop not sleeping and I found up that it was constantly woken up by bluetooth interaction, so I went to settings and disabled wake up on bluetooth thing and it solved the issue.

Just had MacBook in Sleep for a good half a day and it has spent 2% battery total.

Gaidax

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
For people having this issue do this in terminal:

log show | grep 'Wake reason' | grep '2018-12' (or if you want specific date, then grep specific date like 2018-12-10)

You will see why laptop wakes up and will be able to eliminate that reason, in my case I had this issue with laptop not sleeping and I found up that it was constantly woken up by bluetooth interaction, so I went to settings and disabled wake up on bluetooth thing and it solved the issue.

Just had MacBook in Sleep for a good half a day and it has spent 2% battery total.

Solution