battery icon at 100% but Toshiba laptop still goes to sleep

clomart

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017
see above... not sure how to explain better. icon shows 100% fully charged and if I unplugged now laptop will go to sleep

Solution
Have you checked the sleep settings? If it is set to sleep when on battery power that would cause this.

Also, just because it says the battery is at 100% doesn't actually mean it really is. A battery, over time, will hold less and less of a charge. So while it will say it is full, it could be only using lets say 40% of its capacity. So you are only getting access to that 40%, which will get lower and lower over time. I would consider a new battery.
Have you checked the sleep settings? If it is set to sleep when on battery power that would cause this.

Also, just because it says the battery is at 100% doesn't actually mean it really is. A battery, over time, will hold less and less of a charge. So while it will say it is full, it could be only using lets say 40% of its capacity. So you are only getting access to that 40%, which will get lower and lower over time. I would consider a new battery.

Solution