Solved! Battery in Dell Latitude E5430

KING-OLE

Estimable
Mar 29, 2014
I've seen several posts about this, but not quite the same symptoms I am experiencing.

My battery is flashing a sequence of 4 quick orange and 1 longer white.

However:

1. Windows tells me that the battery is 100% charged with 3 hr 31 mins remaining (edit: just changed to 5 hr 38 mins),
2. The Battery Meter in Control Panel tells me it's in perfect condition,
3. The Hardware Diagnostics tells me that it detected no problems with the battery.

It keeps doing this flashing regardless if I have it plugged into the power supply or not.

My battery is clearly not dead, as I can use it just fine without an external power source.

Any ideas?

Solution
You may want to try pulling the battery, leave it out for a few minutes (3-5) and then put it back in. This may resolve the issue.

If not, try this to test the battery (as the way the computer reads it may not show correctly). Run the battery down, then see how quickly it recharges. Is it charging 'faster' than usual? Also is it dying faster than usual? If so, then your battery is going to need to be replaced.
You may want to try pulling the battery, leave it out for a few minutes (3-5) and then put it back in. This may resolve the issue.

If not, try this to test the battery (as the way the computer reads it may not show correctly). Run the battery down, then see how quickly it recharges. Is it charging 'faster' than usual? Also is it dying faster than usual? If so, then your battery is going to need to be replaced.

Solution