battery issue on Lenovo g510

kristou

Estimable
May 13, 2015
hi i have a Lenovo G510(i7-4700mq 2.4ghz , 6m , 8gb ram , 1TB + 8gb ssd ,15.6 amd 8750m) and i have a battery issue when it is full charged it only stand for 1h34mn . i've been using the laptop for 4 month and this problem just happened those days . i've noticed also that the fan is running on full speed and the T is about 76°c on normal use with no gaming ( i've never used games) what do you advice me to do

Solution
So if you adjust your power settings and thins does not extend your battery life, then I suggest you may have some malware or errant program running I nthe background using excessive resources and forcing the laptop to run at full power.

Do a decent virus and malware scan.

What version of windows are you running?

You can look at system utilisation (active processes and threads) and see how it is behaving at idle.

Hope this helps.

kristou

Estimable
May 13, 2015

kristou

Estimable
May 13, 2015
the problem is that i found that the processor is running on 100% of it's capacity i guess it is ocerclocked or some thing like that and i don't know how to fix it :/ actually the problem does not remain but if it happend again i don't know what to do :/

So if you adjust your power settings and thins does not extend your battery life, then I suggest you may have some malware or errant program running I nthe background using excessive resources and forcing the laptop to run at full power.

Do a decent virus and malware scan.

What version of windows are you running?

You can look at system utilisation (active processes and threads) and see how it is behaving at idle.

Hope this helps.

Solution