Battery issue : Windows shuts down, Linux does not

May 30, 2018
I'm using an ASUS ROG G751JY and I have a strange problem.
My battery is obviously dead and I wouldn't mind that at all. But when I start Windows, the laptop huts down after a little while, even with the charger plugged in (it looks like the shutdown happening when your battery empties, it is not something sudden). The strange thing is that when I start my Linux distro (Ubuntu Mate), the computer stays on no problem (although it is always popping up an annoying "Laptop battery discharging (0%)" message, that I haven't found how to disable yet).

So can you imagine a solution for this? Why do Windows shut down but Linux doesn't? Is there a setting somewhere to trick Windows into thinking that there isn't a battery attached? I'm not going to let the battery inside for long, but I'm waiting for some specific tools from iFixit because I'm kinda scared to open up the laptop with impro tools. And I kinda need to work on Windows soon.

Solution
For anyone that might be interested in this issue:
Of course my battery is dead and I have already removed it.
The issue on windows was a matter of settings.
If you dig deep into advanced power management settings (Windows 8.1), there are some very specific cases.
One of those was about what to do when charger is plugged in:
>If battery is less than 5%, go to sleep.

I don't know why such an option even exists, but this was what was causing my problem. I just changed this option.
It just goes to show how much extra resources Windows takes up than Linux. Buy a new battery and expect tp spend good money for it. Some cheap ones are (mainly Chinese) clones and can be self-combistible.

@ smith_jhon if I dial that telephone number and it doesn't belong to Asus, you could be looking at a ban for Spamming this forum with a fake tech site.

May 30, 2018
I'm not looking into replacing my battery, really, no money for that. I'm just going to remove it. Also in Linux I have like 100 tabs open in Chrome while also having Bitwig Studio (a DAW) open. I don't think it is a matter of resources.

Oh! I also forgot to mention an important thing. Sometimes, especially if I was using Linux for quite some time (over 2 hours), when I restart the computer and try to enter Windows, they work! And they keep working until I manually shut down or restart.

Jun 22, 2018

I have a similar problem too. Dont think its battery problem in my case. But my charger tip heats up a lot if not put in a certain way. With linux i dont have any problem. But in Windows the hardisk and fan area heats up and boom shuts down. Especially if i am using hardisk in it. sometimes it wont start and keeps shutting during boot if some usb device is connected. Not sure what the problem is.
Yeah, when i remove my battery and run laptop on Windows it works properly no HDD heating. Well there is still my charger tip heating but i am not sure what that problem is about since it happens on linux too(with new charger too)

May 30, 2018
For anyone that might be interested in this issue:
Of course my battery is dead and I have already removed it.
The issue on windows was a matter of settings.
If you dig deep into advanced power management settings (Windows 8.1), there are some very specific cases.
One of those was about what to do when charger is plugged in:
>If battery is less than 5%, go to sleep.

I don't know why such an option even exists, but this was what was causing my problem. I just changed this option.

Solution