Battery of Samsung QX411

minidiable

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011

minidiable

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Someone says that this is normal, but in the reviews of some users on best-buy.com I read that they have a battery life up to 8 hours!! :( Someone helps me please?

sierraguy

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
Under perfect configuration of hardware and software (apps & services) they probably got over 8 hours in the lab. And you can too if you knew their configuration. Look for unneeded services and disable them, turn off bluetooth, turn down screen brightness and resolution, turn off funky always running widgets... If you tune your machine, you can get the hours. But I would be more than happy with 6.5 hours as I'm sure I could tweak it to add minutes.

Make sure not to have your battery installed if you're going to be running on AC for extended periods of time. Avoid exposing it to excessive heat... Recondition it once and a while. Some say this is a myth but I don't see where it can hurt to drain the battery and recharge it...

KennyBooBear

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
FWIW.... I have the same laptop, can have multiple apps running in the background. (ie. Chrome, Steam, MSN/Window Live Messenger) while browsing my email, or doing something in any piece of MS Office software and get well OVER the cited 8 hours. The key is 1. making sure you have nothing in the background PEGGING your processor and 2. making sure your screen brightness is set to the minimal setting. If you DON'T need it to be maxed out, then it's really not necessary to be maxed out and you're simply wasting your battery. Last time I checked at full charge sitting in a very basic state with the above apps running in the BG I had 10 hours 31 minutes (mind you that was at 93%, so it's quite possible I could net up to 11 hours).

P.S. the above also takes into account my idle processes like Avast!, Adobe, etc.