Battery plugged in, not charging (LG laptop)

xprakash

Estimable
Mar 4, 2015
My laptop is a year old. Four or five months after purchase, I removed the battery from the laptop and kept safe in cupboard since I was using my laptop in home only. Now, after 7 or 8 months, I put the battery in its compartment but it says "plugged in, not charging. I already tried the "removing microsoft ACPI" thing, draining residual power after switching of by pressing power button for about 30 secs, nothiing worked.

I don't thing the battery is dead, since I used it only for 4-5 months. Any ideas on resolving this issue?

UPDATE:
The battery was idle for more than 6 months and shows 0% charge available thus battery power can't turn on the laptop. I can turn on laptop without battery though; so, I guess there is not problem in chord and adapter. Would reinstalling windows help resolviing this issue? Or do you think the battery might be dead (After all, I haven't even used it for more than 4/5 months)?

Solution
hello there It sounds silly, but you need to make sure that the laptop is actually plugged in. No software tweak or hardware repair can make a disconnected laptop magically power on. Before checking anything else, then, you need to ensure that both the AC outlet and laptop plugs are firmly seated. Check the AC adapter brick and verify that any removable cords are fully inserted. Next, make sure that the battery is properly seated in its compartment, and that there is nothing wrong with either the battery or laptop contact points. Finally, find out whether the problem doesn't lie with the laptop at all: Try plugging the power cord into a different outlet to see if you've got a short or a blown fuse. if that doesnt work i would recommend...

psycrow395

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012
hello there It sounds silly, but you need to make sure that the laptop is actually plugged in. No software tweak or hardware repair can make a disconnected laptop magically power on. Before checking anything else, then, you need to ensure that both the AC outlet and laptop plugs are firmly seated. Check the AC adapter brick and verify that any removable cords are fully inserted. Next, make sure that the battery is properly seated in its compartment, and that there is nothing wrong with either the battery or laptop contact points. Finally, find out whether the problem doesn't lie with the laptop at all: Try plugging the power cord into a different outlet to see if you've got a short or a blown fuse. if that doesnt work i would recommend plugging in the battery and see if the laptop power on with just the battery itself no ac adapter to determine if the battery is bad or not. hope this helps

Solution

xprakash

Estimable
Mar 4, 2015

The battery was idle for more than 6 months and shows 0% charge available thus battery power can't turn on the laptop. I checked the battery and its compartment and made sure it is properly seated and contact points are good. I can turn on laptop without battery though; so, I guess there is not problem in chord and adapter. Would reinstalling windows help resolviing this issue? Or do you think the battery might be dead (After all, I haven't even used it for more than 4/5 months)?