BATTERY PROBLEMS HELP PLEASE, Toshiba Satellite W30Dt

amberriemens

Estimable
May 9, 2015
My Toshiba Satellite W30Dt will not hold a charge! To use the laptop it MUST be plugged in at all times or it will turn off immediately. When it is on it says "0% available (plugged in, not charging) and I can not get it to actually hold a charge. If anyone even bumps in to it or if you move around too much while using it, then it will sometimes just immediately shut off. I have never heard of this before, I am wondering if this is some sort of issue with the actual port/plug input where the charger gets plugged in to the laptop maybe? I had to buy a completely new charger because mine got lost, could it be some sort of compatibility issue with the new one? It is not the same kind as the one that came with my laptop, I'm assuming it's just some generic one they had at the store that just happened to fit... I didn't want to wait to order a new one directly from Toshiba and at that time no stores in my area had any to sell because the laptop was still so new at that point in time. Or is it my battery and I just need to get it over with and buy a new one? Is there even any way to tell which one of these is my problem so I don't spend unnecessary money trying to figure it out?
I've tried explaining my problem to the best of my ability, I am not a very tech savvy person so I hope all of that made some sort of sense! Any help or advice anyone could give me would be very appreciated, I don't even know where to begin!

raymondufford

Commendable
Feb 21, 2018
Did you get this problem solved? i have the same problem with my Toshiba Click. i took the battery out of the tablet, charged it with a regular battery charger set to 3.7 volts (charged each side of the battery seperately), then put it back in the tablet. The comouter recognizes the full charge but still wont charge it or run off battery power. i sure would appreciate hearing how you dealt with the issue.