battery wear increasing decreasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmidori

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015
hi hello so i bought my laptop 2 weeks ago, checked the wear level a week ago so a week after i bought it, it was 100%
the day before yesterday i checked my wear level after having installed a new Windows 10 version
it said 3.7%

-yesterday said 3.4
-today in the morning said 3.1
-now it says 3.91!
so its decreasing and increaing like crazy, now is that even logical or is it a software error?
because the battery report shows empty mwh, and im sure i could see mwh before the format
please help

Solution
you fully discharged the battery at all? may have damaged the lithium cells.

unplug laptop > run battery to 10% (which is the minimum i would ever goto) .. and have battery saver come on to warn you when you reach this point. > then plug in and fully charge battery to 100%. remove battery and let it sit on your desk a day.

you can still use your laptop when its plugged in (without the battery).

put battery back, battery should now be at 99% charge. if the wear fluctuates after this, then i would suggest the meter is bugged. if the battery charge is less than 94%, the battery may have damage.

SoggyTissue

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
you fully discharged the battery at all? may have damaged the lithium cells.

unplug laptop > run battery to 10% (which is the minimum i would ever goto) .. and have battery saver come on to warn you when you reach this point. > then plug in and fully charge battery to 100%. remove battery and let it sit on your desk a day.

you can still use your laptop when its plugged in (without the battery).

put battery back, battery should now be at 99% charge. if the wear fluctuates after this, then i would suggest the meter is bugged. if the battery charge is less than 94%, the battery may have damage.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.