Battlestar Galactica 'Blood and Chrome' Debuts on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Give a thumbs up if you remember the late 70 version of the Battlestar Galactica. I don't to be the only "old" one that remember this. That and Buck Rogers was the other one I enjoyed as a kid.

greatsaltedone

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
Jane, you do realize that BSG was never meant to have a fifth season right? It was written with a very specific beginning and end.

Also: Woot!

Dax corrin

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
I've been watching both the old and new series again On Demand through Xfinity cable, who I also happen to work for... I forgot how cheesy the old series was, too many shots of the Vipers that were shown over and over, and wow, you can see all the blocky matte images around the moving ships.. but it was cool when I was 16.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]greatsaltedone[/nom]Jane, you do realize that BSG was never meant to have a fifth season right? It was written with a very specific beginning and end.Also: Woot![/citation]
I doubt they planned 4 seasons upfront, but I don't think series lacked popularity either.
In fact, it's the best sci-fi series that I've seen.

G

[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]I doubt they planned 4 seasons upfront, but I don't think series lacked popularity either.In fact, it's the best sci-fi series that I've seen.[/citation]
im not going to pull a number out of my ass and tell everyone my number one favorite, but i am also a huge fan of farscape and firefly as well. ive been waiting for blood and chrome for what seems like too many years, long live BSG!!

nicodemus_mm

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
[citation][nom]LordConrad[/nom]BSG lived and died with the original series, the new version is nothing more than a glorified space opera.[/citation]

Then go back to the original and sulk. The open-minded individuals will enjoy both the new and old for what they have to offer. Damn... why even bother owning a TV? God forbid you see something new.

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
[citation][/nom]why even bother owning a TV? God forbid you see something new.[/citation]

I hvaent owned a TV since 2009. I own an LCD screen connected to my PC.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
[citation][nom]officeguy[/nom]Give a thumbs up if you remember the late 70 version of the Battlestar Galactica. I don't to be the only "old" one that remember this. That and Buck Rogers was the other one I enjoyed as a kid.[/citation]

Fond memories, though I miss Muffit & Lorne Greene ... "Best... death... ever".

fwupow

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
One movie? That's all we get? Normally I'd wait for the DVD so I can watch the whole thing, but if YouTube views might possibly result in more episodes, I'll view the frakking hot damn out of it.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
What amazes me most about this video is that it's available in Canada!! All the webisodes of BSG in the past were not available before.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]hasten[/nom]Watching the new series for the first time on Netflix. It's great. Even my girlfriend, who in 7 years of us together has always ripped on my geeky tendencies, loves it. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it before February - my TV time is usually devoted to NFL and NBA during the fall/winter.[/citation]

the new series sucked due to it's design soap opera style for women.

[citation][nom]Dax Corrin[/nom]I've been watching both the old and new series again On Demand through Xfinity cable, who I also happen to work for... I forgot how cheesy the old series was, too many shots of the Vipers that were shown over and over, and wow, you can see all the blocky matte images around the moving ships.. but it was cool when I was 16.[/citation]

whine whine whine stereo tv was just coming out and the largest common screen back then was 25".

of course when you play it on your new HD 55" dolby digital TFX certified it's going to look and sound like crap. over 50% of the budget went to the models and special effects also which were state of the art for star wars and BSG which mind you was a TV SHOW.

between BSG, Buck Rogers, Star Wars, GI Joe Transformers, Voltron and Robotech i was in HEAVEN as an 8 year old.

after babysitting my niece and nephew for a few days last year, the stuff they have for kids now is so utterly terrible i introduced them to the old school Voltron and they will with out hesitation turn down watching anything made in the last 20 years for kids shows, even barney and yo gabba gabba gets the boot.

the nephew even went trick or treating as Voltron in a labor intensive costume he forced his mom to make him and the sword had to be bought online as the one at the store i checked at was real and sharp forged steel polished until it blazes and taller than he was. (no i will not tell you where you can get it or how much it costs until after i buy it.)

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]LordConrad[/nom]BSG lived and died with the original series, the new version is nothing more than a glorified space opera.[/citation]

amen.
all tho Caprica was done very well with this style and the colonial war would be good with this style also.

this Blood and Chrome series is already good despite the effects problems they are fixing as they go this is more of the type of action i wanted to see and the story line they should have done instead of remaking BSG. i will buy this as well as the Halo4 trailers in hopes soe day there will be an affordable 3D printer capable of making some of this stuff into costumes some halloween far far away.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]LordConrad[/nom]BSG lived and died with the original series, the new version is nothing more than a glorified space opera.[/citation]The masses appear to disagree with you. It gets very high ratings. I enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.