BBC to Show Movie Shot Entirely by Chimps

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenty

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Monkey see monkey do...... What a waste..... Don't we already do stuff like this with cameras???

We don't seem to know what we are actually recording.

Look at the shows that are on TV now.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
They could also put a camera on a tree branch and claim "The world's first movie shot entirely by a tree is set to air tomorrow night on the BBC." Unless the chimps also do the editing and post-production then it's just a publicity stunt for BBC to get into the some world record book.

G

BBC reporters locked up in jail with chimps due to hustle.
What's the difference between this and the story of the kid in the blimp that flew away. Or bigfoot... A seven year old picasso a 9 year old computer guru. Maybe it's the latest thing to to influence people in making them feel less worth "anyone can do it" and let them pay their taxes.

redux fountain

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
i think it would be intrestining for a variety of reasons. For one i think it would provide huge insight into how the chimps immitiately percieve reality. they were aware that what they pointed the camera at was apearing on the monitor so whatever was recorded was what they were intrested in at the time. I wonder how long thier attention can be sustained for; what individual observations they make about an object,ect.

pullmyfinger123

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
the monkeys not only shot a movie, they made it into a documentary complete with narration recounting how Betsy Herrelko, the PhD student, was trying to bull$hit her way to a PhD degree by giving monkeys a bunch of cameras and call it a thesis

foody

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
[citation][nom]djackson_dba[/nom]Actually, I thought Fox Television was already doing this for their main lineup.[/citation]

icwutudidthur

Status
Not open for further replies.