Beat the FBI: How to Send Anonymous Email Without Getting Caught

Status
Not open for further replies.

caustin582

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
This article is missing one of the most important steps in securing your online activity: using a virtual machine. All the encryption in the world isn't going to help you if you somehow ended up with a keylogger or other malware on your system. Not only that, but if the feds decide to bust down your door and confiscate your computer for evidence, they're going to see whatever you have stored on it. Create a Truecrypt partition, create a hidden partition inside of it, create a Linux VM on the hidden partition, and use the VM for Tor when you want to be safe.

bemused_fred

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
"Just ask Violentacrez, the Reddit moderator who posted and hosted risqué pictures of women taken without their consent, and whose name was exposed as Michael Brutsch in the fall of 2012."

I'm sorry, how is this a bad thing? Are we about to go into conniptions because a guy who invaded other people's privacy for sick, perverted kicks couldn't handle getting his invaded? And then had to start behaving like a decent human being? Puh-lease.

I'm all for using anonymous e-mail if you want to avoid rampant, indiscriminate government searches of your information. Really, that's OK. But for Christ's sake, pick a better example of people we should feel sorry for.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Bemused is correct. We have no reason to want to BEAT the FBI. If anything, we should know what we can do to help them. That is, unless everyone who's supporting the downfall or the NSA, CIA, and FBI are criminals.
I bet that will leave a sore mark.

S Stevens

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
I use SecretBoxes for this. You can create anonymous email aliases in your box and it has tie ins with other similar features for file sharing, wallet stuff, etc. All browser, so no install, no trace, use anywhere. Used it to sign up for this site for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.