Beatles Sell 2,000,000 iTunes in a Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
I second xerroz,

not my taste; I hate how many hipsters love them and say they're the best thing ever. Although I do respect the grizzled ancients who like them because they grew up with the beatles.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]theshonen8899[/nom]Why people continue to use iTunes and their horrible DRM versus Amazon MP3 is far beyond the scope of my knowledge.[/citation]
Because iTunes is cool and everyone is doing it. That, and it's probably a lot easier. If something isn't easy to do, then you've probably lost 80% of the people on this planet.

XD_dued

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
[citation][nom]theshonen8899[/nom]Why people continue to use iTunes and their horrible DRM versus Amazon MP3 is far beyond the scope of my knowledge.[/citation]

cuz it haz the wifi's

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Why people continue to buy lossy-compressed music versus a CD is beyond me. A CD can be ripped into whatever format you desire. MP3 or AAC or any of the lossless formats. And 10 years from now when some new format is invented, you can rip it into that new format. A CD also has higher audio quality than any lossy-compressed music. A CD can never get viruses, you don't lose it when your hard drive crashes, and a CD contains absolutely zero DRM. More than 20 years old, and the CD is still the absolute best readily available music format.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008

itunes is terrible but it doesn't have any drm. it hasn't for like two years.

eeide

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Maybe because you don't do research and just assume that iTunes has horrible DRM because you just heard it was horrible. It's funny how often people state something as fact when they have never even used it. iTunes is DRM free and you can put that music on anything. In fact I sync my Android phone with the songs I buy off of iTunes.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Because iTunes is cool and everyone is doing it. That, and it's probably a lot easier. If something isn't easy to do, then you've probably lost 80% of the people on this planet.[/citation]

Amazon music isn't available in Australia :D

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Amazon music isn't available in Australia[/citation]

No edit button, i was meant to quote:

G

@wotan31

You enjoy you're 30,000 discs and jewel cases taking up half of your 1 bedroom apartment. I'll use that space for a scorpion tank, pizza cat figurines and replicas of samurai warriors and put all that music onto a 2TB RAID1.

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
[citation][nom]bobusboy[/nom]I second xerroz, not my taste; I hate how many hipsters love them and say they're the best thing ever. Although I do respect the grizzled ancients who like them because they grew up with the beatles.[/citation]
Oh come one now.They were just a highly popular classical music band like the Sex Pistols.
Everyone has their own taste in music.My mothers favorite singer was Bing Crosby and she still has a lot of those 78 rpm records (lots of other records too from around 1944).

G

"classical music band like the Sex Pistols" I didnt know Johnny Rotten was in the same circles as Beethoven now hehe

gti88

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Funny thing is that Beatles themselves (McCartney and Harrison) will get only tiny fraction of that money.
It's because Beatles don't own publishing rights for their songs.
In 2006 McCartney said, "You know what doesn't feel very good, is going on tour and paying to sing all my songs. Every time I sing 'Hey Jude,' I've got to pay someone."

Thus, if you buy a Beatles' tune, the last persons who get money are Beatles themselves.

firebee1991

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010

It's the Beatles dude, even if they only sold them on vinyl people would buy record players to listen to them.

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
[citation][nom]firebee1991[/nom]It's the Beatles dude, even if they only sold them on vinyl people would buy record players to listen to them.[/citation]
I only had their music on records either 33 1/3 or 45's.CD's didn't exist till over 20 years later.
Growing up in the 1960's was awesome although missing some other great things today like personal computers and the Internet.The 1960's decade was definitely happy times for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.