Beats By Dr. Dre Right Earcup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

otts2222

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Hey guys, so im kindoff new to toms, but i was wondering if you guys could help me with a problem with my beats by dr. dre. I bought them off a friend, and they worked great for two months, but all of a sudden, the sound in the right ear was significantly lower, almost to the point of no sound at all even though its hard to tell. Since i got it from my friend, its not under warranty any more, so im wondering if you guys either know a fix to the problem or a place that i could bring to fix them like best buy geek squad or something. thanks guys

P.S. sorry i didnt know what subcategory to put this under

jayaram558

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011

me to having the same problem.. dono how it happened.. did u find any solution for it.

otts2222

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
hey, i brought it to a local tech shop, really old vietnam vet, super awesome dude, but back to topic, and he checked it out for me. he said that the jack where you put the headphones in to the earbuds was broken along with the aux cable possibly by pulling on the cable in the wrong direction, he said it was a pretty easy fix and did it for 40 dollars, however, he said thats one of the only really fixable things about the headphones, and he said i lucked out. so basically good luck to you and i hope you can get it fixed

sgrau

Honorable
Feb 12, 2012

having same problem in the left ear bud, bought off ebay for son and they came that way. Seller will not make good on purchase, and we are disputing the charges.

nazma1991

Honorable
Feb 15, 2012

me three i dont kno how to solve this problem if anyone find any solution please email me at nazma1991@yahoo.com

svenolio

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Same and more problems with the headphone:

1. No sound from right ear-cup.
- it's not the cable, since I have already tried 3 different cables.
- it's not the speaker cause sometimes it does work for like a sec when I move my head or tap the headphone.
- thinking it might be the audio input jack on the headphone itself, I know how to solder and all, but I don't know that much of electronics to just open it and do it myself without having some GOOD explanation of assembling & dissasembling all the parts without killing the whole headphones. I have found some usable youtube tutorials for some of the parts, cause they were fixing the mute button getting stuck, but never a good tutorial of soldering any parts etc.
- Have searched the web and found other people with the problem but no solutions except from refunding it, cause beats by dre suck (which I partly agree on, but would like to get them to work again) and sending it to Monster for replacement, which I can't cause I don't have the receipt, since I lost it and also it was out of the warranty period anyway.

2. There is a rattling sound coming from the left ear-cup (the one that's still works) when it plays a song with some bass.
- This was caused after I started to ramble (not crazy but just a bit) the headphone, trying to find out why sometimes the right ear-cup did work for a second, so maybe speaker came loose a bit or something like that.

Seems I am just have to try some stuff my self, since no one seems to know how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.