Before I reset my computer, I have some questions

diotheawesome

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
1. Can viruses that infected my PC steal passwords and credit card numbers from a green locked site?

2. If I reset my PC full, will the virus still in my disk, haunting me?

3. All antivirus softwares except hijackthis are trash and very weak and only removes the files that makes the virus but not access.

4. Can anyone find the malware's ip address and call 911 and report to them that IP address is a virus maker? I forgot and deleted the IP address because I removed the virus completely using hijackthis. It's a different IP address than mine

5. Can USBs be infected with viruses when connected to an infected PC?

Happy New Year! I was waiting for the countdown to start by making this question and to reset my PC fast.

Solution

the HTTPS is protecting the datas exchanged between your computer and the site. If a malware (keylogger) is active on your system; yes, it will steal everything you type.

depends;
- if a classic malware; no
- if a bioskit, yes

4. Can anyone find the malware's ip address and call 911 and report to them that IP address is a virus maker?
doesn't work this way...

yes

USAFRet

Illustrious
1. I don't know what you mean by "a green locked site", but generally, yes

2. Depends on how you do this "reset"

3. False

4. Completely useless. You have no idea if that IP address is the actual malware person, or (more likely) an innocent person whose PC is part of a botnet

5. Yes.

I guess you mean the "green lock" icon that appears in the address-bar when you visit a secure site.

Well even secure sites have been hacked and customer details stolen, and that's got nothing to do with viruses or other malware on your PC.

Saying that HijackThis is trash is just nonsense and shows you've a lot to learn.

Not sure what you mean by a "reset", but a full factory recovery which overwrites all partitions on the drive will nuke all malware except a boot sector virus.

Don't save any confidential information on a local hard drive.

diotheawesome

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
All antivirus are good at keeping outsiders are good but once they're all inside, the antivirus can't do anything but spam you notifications and the only way to get rid of them is an malware removal that looks like a virus but actually a powerful virus removal. It worked but I did something I didn't know and deleted some windows app so I reformat it because it can't reinstalled.

It worked and Windows didn't save the virus in my account only the desktop background. Meaning it deleted everything that's inside my computer that I made change and installed including all the settings that the malware did etc. And reinstalled Windows 10 to prevent the malware from hiding which was very useful.

I backup everything with my USB and after I backup everything, this virus started going loko and tries to get in my USB and I can't eject so I just pull it out and nothing buggy happened so I resetted and everything is okay again.

Sorry if you can't understand me. Happy New Year

umbraemsisoft

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017

the HTTPS is protecting the datas exchanged between your computer and the site. If a malware (keylogger) is active on your system; yes, it will steal everything you type.

depends;
- if a classic malware; no
- if a bioskit, yes

4. Can anyone find the malware's ip address and call 911 and report to them that IP address is a virus maker?
doesn't work this way...

yes

Solution