Being directed to: http://35.188.59.75/xxxx (xxxx being a multicharacter string) on mouse click...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazel ludlow

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
Recently, at random times and in random places, when i click on the screen, often just the screen itself, i get redirected to the above site...it only happens in Chrome...

any help?

bests

Solution
scan for malware use malwarebytes free on google , then review ur chrome extensions , also install a a adblocker for chrome and as a extra step maybe install glasswire to monitor connections

hazel ludlow

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
so...that's not helpful...

is there a way i can make it stop? i guess i should contact google and ask for help...i am sure that they will be spot on and very direct...

thanks for the help...

vvideos

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
scan for malware use malwarebytes free on google , then review ur chrome extensions , also install a a adblocker for chrome and as a extra step maybe install glasswire to monitor connections

Solution

xristosofos96

Prominent
Nov 28, 2017

I have the same issue. I've scanned my laptop with malwarebytes, but nothing came up. I also have ublock origin installed. I have recently installed an extension that could be the cause of the problem, but I have since uninstalled it. Is there a way to check if there any files left behind? Also, how would glasswire help?

Status
Not open for further replies.