Believe it Not, Xbox 360 Main Use Today is Not for Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

lp231

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
When a console has other features besides just for playing games, it's no surprise users will use it for other things. Just like a gaming computer, you don't just only play games , you will use it to browse the web, listen to music, etc.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]It's because it's free to use xbox360 as media center and it's not free to use it as gold member.[/citation]

>_> well 1/3 of all consoles have gold membership and lets face it a fair few of the other 2/3 are either broken or unused.

so i would say most people with a 360 pay for membership

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
It's like China buying the Kiev aircraft carrier from Russia, and instead of using it for why it was built, convert it to a floating hotel. Is that good?

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]It's like China buying the Kiev aircraft carrier from Russia, and instead of using it for why it was built, convert it to a floating hotel. Is that good?[/citation]

THAT is good. Floating hotel > consumptive war device.

G

"Believe it or not"? Heck yeah I believe it. The hardware is 5 years old. Just fine for media playback. Not so fine for modern games.

BigMack70

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
My wife and I use the xbox almost exclusively for netflix, movies, music, etc. It's incredibly rarely used for gaming (sometimes I do Halo nights with some friends)... I do all my gaming on the PC - everything on Xbox just feels old.

If the Xbox didn't have the multimedia stuff that it does, I probably would have sold it a year or two ago.

wishtar

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
It would probably get used even more if it could play Blu-Ray movies. I initially purchased my PS3 solely as a Blu-Ray player. At the time it was one of the cheapest Blu-Ray capable devices and being a game console has received continual firmware updates unlike most Blu-Ray players.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
[citation][nom]Fuyukazehime[/nom]My Xbox 360 is being used as a paper weightI've owned one for a little over a month now, and I have only used it twice. [/citation]

Yeah me to.. I've owned one for a little over a month now, and I have only used it twice. Thinking of trading it in for some PC parts.

atikkur

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
so the idea of gaming-console-only is basically pretty weak... the more strong and widely accepted idea is media-center ,, and there is more strong... its a PC.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
[citation][nom]Fuyukazehime[/nom]My Xbox 360 is being used as a paper weight[/citation]
Sounds about right, my PS3 would be too if it were not a Blue Ray player.
Long Live PC games.

Status
Not open for further replies.