Question Best 15” Laptops under $800 for everyday use & best Accessibility controls

Nov 27, 2021
Hi, I’m Debbie. I have recently upgraded my phone (Pixel 5a 5G, Android), and my iPad (8th gen 2020). I haven’t upgraded stuff since 2016 due to difficulty associated with brain injury.

Believe it or not, I still have my HP Pavillion dv7 Entertainment (17” from Sam’s Club) I purchased in 2009! It was a workhorse and got me through my doctoral program and my beast of a dissertation in 2003! When Windows 10 was released, I couldn’t handle it. It was too difficult for me to learn something new given my cognitive deficits. So I set it aside, using it sparingly. While it starts up now, its time for the workhorse to be put out to pasture🙈😂.

I read reviews an get bogged down in them. It takes me a long time to make a decision. I want to have a Windows laptop. I need a bigger screen than my iPad. But what do I get? I need stuff for my vision, accessibility options to adjust. I also need a responsive keyboard. To be able to feel the keys, maybe raised a bit? Not plastic. Does that make sense? Ability to access my old iTunes library and transfer it to the Cloud. I think I have it backed up on my (old) external hard drive. And a 15” screen. With the sales going on, I know it’s a good time to snag something that’ll do the trick.

I don’t want to spend over $800 because I’ll not get my moneys worth given my health. A good deal doesn’t mean a good computer.

I appreciate any suggestions folks have, whether for holiday deals or otherwise

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
aaxx Laptop General Discussion 4
IamYoyogaming Laptop General Discussion 3
L Laptop General Discussion 1
Akash05 Laptop General Discussion 2
F Laptop General Discussion 3
S Laptop General Discussion 0
crispybarkhands Laptop General Discussion 0
B Laptop General Discussion 0
T Laptop General Discussion 4
bob2341 Laptop General Discussion 1