Best 2.1 setup under $50

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Hello all!

I was just curious is to what you all thought was the best 2.1 speaker setup for under $50 (including shipping) Im not to big into sound(even though my sound card is decent, Audigy ZS 2), but I do need a new 2.1 setup because mine is not working very well at the current time. I cant seem to find anything better than the set below for the price point! Anyone have any other ideas?!?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836150044

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Best,

3Ball

Ziator

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2005
I just listened to these at Circuit City and compared them to Logitech Z-2300's (2.1 with MSRP of $150).

Listening on various tracks, it seems like the bass is over-emphasized while the midrange is lacking. Overall, the sound was muddy and lacked clarity, especially in comparison to the z-2300. I have a X-530 (5.1 that cost me ~$50 USD) system, which seem to have a little more clarity than the ones you are looking at, so I would suggest the X-230 (Same except minus the center and rear speakers, which are a gimmick at this price level IMO).

If you can, see if any electronics stores near you carry the unit you're looking for, and listen to them in comparison to the other ones on display.

I hope this has helped, good luck!

Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
I have basically the same budget 3ball does, and was wondering if these will do the trick:

Logitech X-240 Speakers

or I could go to office depot and pick up some of these for $10 less:

Do you think there is any difference? For $10 I could buy a cheap video game and test out my speakers. I will be gaming, editing video, and listening to music all the time. I don't have sensitive ears like some people but like it to sound moderate-good. My real bottleneck, even with the best speakers money can buy, are my camcorder speakers, so I would like some cash to go elseware. Should I save up and buy something better? Or pick up one of these and upgrade later?