best 4K Ultra HD A/V Receiver for the money ?

Jethro111

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
My receiver just died. I need to replace it soon. I have a $600-$800 budget to work with or less is fine. Stream movies ,music ,play skyrim from computer,blueray. Seems like surround sound is always on. Any input is most welcome. Thanks in advance!

I am just starting to research and came upon this . I have a n 8 ohm center speaker,will this run it optimally? What is dnla and airplay?

Thanks again and if you can walk me through some of the new tech for surround since I bought my last system 8 yrs ago,l would sincerely appreciate it.

7.2 Ch. 1155W A/V Receiver (165 W x 7 @ 6 ohms., 1 kHz, THD 0.9%) Optimized chassis and internal circuitry for incredible audio performance Built-in Wi-Fi with DLNA and Airplay capability 1 Enhanced usability via rich GUI and streamlined remote Supports high-resolution file playback via LAN, HDMI, and USB 2 Bluetooth Audio Streaming with NFC One-Touch listening and aptX 3 Flexible HDMI connectivity with 6 inputs and 3 outputs 4 Built-in Internet Music Services including: Pandora, Spotify, and more 2 Pure Direct audio mode for a noise-free audio signal path Flexible 2nd Zone with HDMI, variable Line, and Speaker outputs

Solution
Any receiver will play an 8 ohm speakers on any channel.
DNLA allows you to play files from computers or a nas drive on your wifi network through the receiver.
Airplay allows you to play music from your iphone or pad wirelessly into the receiver.
In that general price range I would suggest Marantz for best sound quality. Pioneer will not sound as good but is reliable. Onkyo offers good value but has had reliability issues. They has been very good at taking care of them even out of warranty.
Any receiver will play an 8 ohm speakers on any channel.
DNLA allows you to play files from computers or a nas drive on your wifi network through the receiver.
Airplay allows you to play music from your iphone or pad wirelessly into the receiver.
In that general price range I would suggest Marantz for best sound quality. Pioneer will not sound as good but is reliable. Onkyo offers good value but has had reliability issues. They has been very good at taking care of them even out of warranty.

Solution

Jethro111

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
Thanks for the help and info! You guys here are such awesome help and info! You also explain it so I can get it. I have been studying up on these specs so I can intelligently know what I need and what I want from each type of av at different price ranges. So thanks again to all who freely give out your knowledge and opinions developed from experience and research and constant reading. whew, my brain aches! Sincerely Thanks ,Jethro