Best 7.1 True/Faux Surround Headset under $175 USD

LividRadiation

Estimable
Aug 13, 2014
I'm looking for a headset to play FPS and other games with that has either an inline controls on the side. I want best sound quality available. I dont care about a mic, if it has one it doesnt matter I already have one.

basroil

Honorable
Ignore the claims about "7.1"/"surround" headsets and just learn to use the proper presets in your game for better positional audio. For ~$175, you can find a decent number of good headsets like the HD558, MDR-7506, and ATH-50X.

Games like Battlefield 4 and Battlefront (and practically anything on frostbyte) have binaural approximation built in for better than "7.1" audio position (in fact, using a "7.1" headset DECREASES the quality of positioning), and many others have similar features as well.

LividRadiation

Estimable
Aug 13, 2014
I will not even begin to argue with you. The ATH-50X look nice and have good reviews and the HD558 seem good too. Either one better for music reproduction as well as gaming?

basroil

Honorable

It's not "the same thing" as any other headphone, it's its own design. A pretty good design, but not the same. Each headphone will feel and sound a bit different, but both of those are good, much better than any razer or kingston product.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kartunz Audio 6
D Audio 2
S Audio 7
K Audio 1
R Audio 1
O Audio 12
F Audio 1
chaos_viper15 Audio 5
S Audio 2
S Audio 10
B Audio 5