Best Android launchers for customizing your phone in 20xx

Feb 4, 2022
Custom Pixel Launcher has been gone from the playstore for over 5 months.

Says story was updated or I guess rehashed 2 days ago...

May want to put a replacement or link to a different source for install.

Reactions: englerdy

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012
Lynx Launcher doesn't get anywhere near its due credit. Rather than offering the same article 60 other sites have written about the most surface-level launchers (real good job, laboriously scrolling through Google's recommended apps), try looking for unique ones of quality.

Anyone searching for this sort of thing has already heard about the top-listed ones on Play. Dig a little!

Jul 20, 2022
Take Nova Launcher off the list. They just sold out to the analytics company Branch. Now a company that makes money off of collecting data on users will have access to everything you do in your phone. You will have to "OPT OUT".

Jul 30, 2022
Here to find an alternative to Nova explicitly for this reason. It's a shame to see it stuck at the top of a list after the aquisition. Nova is exceptional, but the launcher is now essentially just a tool for an invasive data mining company. Phones are invasive enough without having the launcher compromised. Makes one a bit suspicious if they're paying to run some positive marketing to drown out the community's pushback on it. 🙄 Just gross.

Jul 30, 2022
I think that's the one I'm going to give a shot. Back on Samsung's default launcher until I've had a chance to do some research. I'm going to miss Sesame and it's search integration in Nova. That was a killer duo. Does Hyperion have some of that search bar functionality?

Jul 20, 2022
Hyperion supports Sesame but be careful, Branch owns that functionality. If you use it, you might as well stay with Nova.

Jul 30, 2022
Yes I understand that, which is certainly disappointing. I'm hoping to find similar search functionality that sesame offers from another app or already bundled into another launcher. Want sure if Hyperion had some good built in search functionality that didn't rely on sesame. 😕

jsuppan

Estimable
Apr 8, 2018
I would like to say Nova Launcher is #1 but I have privacy concerns ever since it was taken over, and because there have been no updates nor attention given to it by the new owners since December 2021 in terms of refinements, improvements, etc. It's interesting that a site like Tom's Hardware can continue to put it in the #1 slot based on past accomplishments for the launcher.

TRENDING THREADS