Best Antivirus for Servers

jphilip1992

Estimable
Mar 6, 2014
Hello Guys,
I am in an environment that have two servers and a new one is coming soon.
1. Microsoft Server 2003 R2 Stranded editions service pack 2 (running sql server)
2. Small Business server 2011 Stranded service pack 1(running exchange and file share)
3. Microsoft Server 2012(we are planing to get and install this)
I would like to know from everyone's experience what would be the best antivirus program to run on these three servers. One of the major thing i am look for is an antivirus that will protect us but will not slow down our system. I heard that Vipre does a good job. We would also like to be able to manage how the software works.
Any Insight or help will be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Kaspersky is a quality product.

I work in a financial institution, where data security is very important, and we use Trend Micro. We've used it for several years, and it's a solid product.

aford10

Distinguished
Kaspersky is a quality product.

I work in a financial institution, where data security is very important, and we use Trend Micro. We've used it for several years, and it's a solid product.

Solution

jphilip1992

Estimable
Mar 6, 2014

Thank you for the relpy. How well is the preformance of trend micro. The problem that I have now is when users are trying to use resources on the server it seems that the scan starts up and it slows down the server and brings it to its knees.

aford10

Distinguished

The real time shields are low in resource usage. Unless you have a scan running, it's not even noticeable. There is also an option to setup the computers into a group and schedule the scans at optimal times.

larry609

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016

THIS should answer your questions: it did for me.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2491946,00.asp