Best betwen these three laptops ?

Sep 5, 2018
Looking for something that can handle heavy 3D rendering, the faster the better.
I get easily confused when it comes to specs...

HP ZBook 17 G5

Intel® Xeon® E-2176M vPro™ with Intel® UHD Graphics P630 (2.7 GHz base frequency, up to 4.4 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, 6 cores)

16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (1 x 16 GB)

Integrated: Intel® UHD Graphics P630
Discrete: NVIDIA® Quadro® P5200 (16 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

Alienware 17 R5

Intel Core i9-8950HK (2.9 - 4.8 GHz) /

RAM 32 GB

nVidia GeForce GTX 1080, 8 GB

HP Omen

INTEL® CORE™ I7-7700HQ (6MB cache, 4 núcleos)

NVIDIA® GEFORCE® GTX 1070 (8GB GDDR5 DEDICADA)

RAM 32GB

Solution
The HP ZBook 17 and Alienware are quite similar. However, the HP is using a workstation GPU and CPU. For many professional rendering tasks it should be faster. It all really depends on how well the pro software can take advantage of consumer GPU and if a workstation GPU provides any benefit. So, it can range from about the same or much faster. For professional work I'd go with the Workstation components of the HP ZBook.

I'd also upgrade the RAM to at least 32GB for pro rendering work.

Edit: I'd also mention that the P5200 has much more VRAM and uses drivers optimized for workstation tasks. Both of which can provide a considerable advantage.
The HP ZBook 17 and Alienware are quite similar. However, the HP is using a workstation GPU and CPU. For many professional rendering tasks it should be faster. It all really depends on how well the pro software can take advantage of consumer GPU and if a workstation GPU provides any benefit. So, it can range from about the same or much faster. For professional work I'd go with the Workstation components of the HP ZBook.

I'd also upgrade the RAM to at least 32GB for pro rendering work.

Edit: I'd also mention that the P5200 has much more VRAM and uses drivers optimized for workstation tasks. Both of which can provide a considerable advantage.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS