Best Buy Launches Cloud Music Service Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Oh boy - even more cloud based services to help you consume the bandwidth that will have exorbitant overage fees. At this point, I think I'd rather load a few microSD cards with music and carry it with me than pay for something that uses a heavily locked down system. ("...It's also limited in that it will only connect to your iTunes library...") Yup, I'll pass.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
first of all...

WTF is up with Tom's and the ad spam?

I've never seen THIS many compared to other sites that lets readers comment...

second of all, want to bet $20 that BB Geek Squad will have a $99 "service" to set that up on your computer?

ronindaosohei

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
The whole cloud model is another nail in the coffin of major retail (software being sold via the net, music being sold via the net, movies being sold via the net...anyone know what % of sales and profits those three alone add up to for some of these stores? Or how much of their foot traffic these generate? Now add to that managed services to kill of their service areas, remote storage to kill off a lot of storage device sales, then finally cloud based processing to kill off a lot of the upgrade paths...it's a wonder with the big guys cutting out retail like this that they don't revolt), they've got to do something so this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.