Best Buy Refusing iPad 2 Sales on Purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I work for Best Buy and this is the 1st I've heard of this, my store is more than happy to sell them the moment they come in. I mean why not what would be the point of holding them?

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Best Buy is the worst thing to ever happen to the electronics industry and the second worst is the fact that some people just don't know any better not to buy from such a dishonest and deceiving company.

Want some proof? Go To: http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/ , these are the Best Buy forums full of non-stop horror stories that customers have had.

I learned my lesson the hard way several years ago at my local Best Buy and the sooner others figure it out, the sooner we can get this disgrace of a electronics store out of business ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!

Remember an educated customer, takes the power from them and puts it in your hands. Don't support bad business.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I used to work for Best Buy, and they've done this in the past, typically with new consoles, but also with other stuff.

They will create a promotion or package in store, sold with either services, add-ons, or other peripherals to increase bottom line revenue. They do this with laptops, desktops, and sometimes TV's too.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
They could have just told the customer that they the remaining stocks are reserved for BB, instead of lying to the customer.

G

Some areas require by law that if you advertise a product in your weekly ad, the product must be in stock at the time of the ad. This may also include minimum quantities which results in holds for customers, regrettably.

G

I've never commented here before, but this is a heavy slant. I work for Best Buy as well, and was told this morning that per Apple, we are no longer to sell iPad 2's. As of today, stores are not allowed to tell customers we have them because Apple has ordered Best Buy to stop selling them. The reason for the black-listing is unclear. Obviously, stores still have them in their warehouses but the Apple order prevents them from selling (legal agreements).

As for the claim that some stores were holding back product on a daily basis to meet quotas, this definitely was not a company-wide policy so far as I'm aware. It's possible that some stores/managers made that decision. We ALWAYS hold pre-orders, but it makes no business sense to hold additional units just because a daily quota has been met.

dieb4uwake

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
I work for Best Buy and can tell you this is COMPLETELY FALSE. First off BBY does not use ANY form of SMS messaging to communicate company imformation thru.

Second, the Only time that we are not allowed to sell an item and hold and item is for the Sunday Ad. Anything that is in the Sunday Ad has a minimum hold amount. Let me explain, if a item is in our Sunday Ad then we have an obligation to make sure that come Sunday we actually have those items in stock. To do this every week we will put aside a specific hold on items that are appearing in the ad. That is why if you read the print at the bottom of the ad stating "Minimum of 3 per store, No Rainchecks". I know at my store we sell ipads all day everyday, you can even go to bestbuy.com and buy it online from my store anytime you want.

To the comment of the "Best Buy is the worst thing to ever happen to the electronics industry"
For every one bad story you can find on a forum I can promise you that there are hundreds of good satisfied customers everyday. I have worked for several retailers and Best Buy is far from the worst *cough WAL-MART cough*

applegetsmelaid

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Want some proof? Go To: http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/ , these are the Best Buy forums full of non-stop horror stories that customers have had.

There used to be a third party website at bestbuysux.org that had years of archives of customer complaints about BBY. Check it out now.... looks like BBY bought it out and sent it all to oblivion. When I worked there I used to read it quite often and laugh at all the horror stories and stupid things BBY employees would tell customers. But guess what? NO ONE CARES. They sell cheap stuff so everyone looks the other way.

G

I like Best Buy to an extent. Although, their Geek Squad is awful. But they could've told the customers the truth rather than lying to them.

G

this sux because Best Buy offers no interest for any purchase over $499 - Apple store DOES NOT! - my suggestion just wait for the quota or whatever and buy it at Best Buy and take the 18 months no interest....

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Who cares what Best Buy or their employees do? When it comes to any kind of technical expertise or knowledge, they are just as credible as Burger King, MacDonalds and their workforce.

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Target does the same thing, so does Walmart and the rest. Hold ad items for upcoming ads so that the early morning Sunday shoppers aren't driven insane with rage.

G

Best Buy is the worst electronic retailer that is out there. They are overpriced, do not honor their coupons that they email out (read 'Liars' Always have an excuse about how the coupon does not apply to just the particular item you need) and horrible customer service.

I stopped buying from BestBuy about 5 years ago, went back twice during Christmas 2-3 times and have sworn never to buy from them. Don't know why people don't shop elsewhere since most of what BestBuy sells is available cheaper and with the same warranty elsewhere.

Just an aside for any apple product accessory, BestBuy charges a higher price than even Apple (for ex Apple OEM chargers). Sure they say they will match the price if you have done your homework but then if you have not, good luck paying them more.

jimsocks

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
Best buy does this all the time where I live. Lucky I have a smart phone. Show them its in stock online and its magically "in the back"

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Best Buy is the Wal-Mart of eletronics. I haen't bought anything from Best Buy since God know how long. All my electronic shopping is done buy via internet now.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]SteelCity1981[/nom]Best Buy is the Wal-Mart of eletronics. I haen't bought anything from Best Buy since God know how long. All my electronic shopping is done buy via internet now.[/citation]

i bought the squire from them, they had preorders back ordered while they stocked their shelves with them for non preorders.

will NEVER buy from them again if i have a choice

Status
Not open for further replies.