Best Buy Wants Your Old Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Gamestop gives cash if you want it so I dont see the real appeal in giving my games to Best Buy only to be forced to buy something from their store.

Upendra09

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
[citation][nom]RicardoK[/nom]Lol.. "industry slowly movies away"...Again TH?[/citation]

get a life, no one cares about the spelling, all we want is the content.
AS for the topic, best buy should have done this earlier, but still it was a good idea, now i can save a few dollars on my wii games.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
[citation][nom]Upendra09[/nom]get a life, no one cares about the spelling, all we want is the content.AS for the topic, best buy should have done this earlier, but still it was a good idea, now i can save a few dollars on my wii games.[/citation]

Speak for yourself, some of us have a grasp of the English language.

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
Even tho I'm Brazilian, I care for other languages just as I do for mine. ;) I may lack the correct grammar logic to write in English but I can still spot misspelled words.

Anyway, I read a bit earlier that a company is tauting that game download will only be readily available after 2014. I still think that those are already readily available. 100k copies of FF7 in just two weeks? Best Buy is shooting its foot. Or, they could sell it to Brazil on a discount since new games here cost around US$90,00..

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Anything to drive Gamestop out of business, that's my motto.[/citation]

I'm surprised eBay hasn't driven them out of business already, honestly.

anonymousdude

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
[citation][nom]LATTEH[/nom]the real question is how much will they give you for your game over gamestop?[/citation]

Hopefully more or I'm going back to gamestop

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Craigslist.org. I can sell my games online for twice as much as gamestop would like to rip me off for. I absolutely REFUSE to do any business with Gamestop after they tried to sell me a used game as a brand new game. If it's not sealed, it's used.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]Gamestop gives cash if you want it so I dont see the real appeal in giving my games to Best Buy only to be forced to buy something from their store.[/citation]

at 20% less you would get in store credit, which is already extremely low. more stores = more competition for gamestop which means better trade in values. please leave gamestop employee.

krazynutz

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
Amen brothers. Gamestop is ridiculous. $60 for a new PS3 game, $55 used. WTF is that all about? I know a well-kept used game is as good as a new one but at least TRY to make it seem like a deal.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]krazynutz[/nom]Amen brothers. Gamestop is ridiculous. $60 for a new PS3 game, $55 used. WTF is that all about? I know a well-kept used game is as good as a new one but at least TRY to make it seem like a deal.[/citation]

It isn't just the price they charge it is how much they pay to get those games. They are giving you $25 for a game they are going to slap on the shelf and sell for $50. There is no bargaining. They offer what they offer you take it or leave it. I can get better deals trading in cars to dealerships than what Gamestop offers! And at least the dealership won't try to sell me used cars as brand new, for full price, and hope I won't notice.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]JWL3[/nom]Best Buy sucks. This has already been done by Walmart. You'll have better luck selling the game on Ebay.[/citation]

I agree Best Buy does suck. The way they handle employees especially. I have been in 1 BB that was everything I could hope for from a retail store. It is now the only BB I go to unless they direct me to another BB because of current stock.

Didn't Wal Marts model add the $ to your credit card not a gift card? My memory is coming up fuzzy on the details.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
"but may provide a temporary security blanket as the gaming industry slowly moves away from physical distribution."

More like trying or wanting.

The day I can't buy a game from my local store is the day I quit playing. They want digital distro because it saves them money and gives them more control, I say screw them.

Status
Not open for further replies.