Best China VPN 2021 - Working VPNs to Use in China

hanwagu1

Commendable
Nov 25, 2018
Seriously, why does TomsGuide always advertise for their advertisers when it comes to best VPNs, especially for China? NordVPN does NOT work in China, which is the reason I cancelled them. I have spent endless hours and days trying to get it to work using every protocol and setting NordVPN has instructed to no avail. It is utterly useless. ExpressVPN works, BUT it is leaky. If you want to stream US, ExpressVPN leaks so you are more than likely going to have regional programming issues when streaming. You do not list, for example, Astrill and Torguard, which both work and work well. I would say Astrill actually has worked the best and quickest, not to mention it has a china accessible website. There are other VPNs that also work, but constantly placing high ad paid NordVPN at the top is simply inaccurate.

Dec 30, 2021
Absolutely right. I tried NordVPN in 2019 (just when this was written), and despite over an hour with their support was not able to connect. I've tried most of them, usually for a short time - of the 5 here, I've tried NordVPN (could not connect even with an hour with support), ExpressVPN (worked on occasion, not reliable and very slow), and vyper (tried it last month, did not work). The Surfshark apps do not work but the servers do, using openvpn client - but I need to get a new list of servers every month or so and update all platforms.