Best Customized laptop to buy

Sa202254

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
hello
well i kept looking on customized laptops and i really have not a single clue what is the best specs and if it goes together
I can go up to 3000 USD
... but the issue I don't want to put money on something that is going to be slow -outdated in 2-3 years - I want a gaming laptop that can stay for 4 years and still be awesome
I'd like to hear your opinion on the matter

Solution
Your expectations are too high. PC games pushes the performance envelop because new hardware is always coming out. While CPU performance gains over the past 4 years have been small and incremental, GPU performance has skyrocketed.

The GTX 680m came out 4 years ago back in 2012. The GTX 1080 recently came out. There has been a vast improvement in performance over the 4 years. The high end GTX 680m is still considered a good GPU in comparison to what is currently available, but it is simply outclassed by the GTX 1080.

Below are the only 3 games benchmarked by Notebookcheck.net for both the old flagship mobile GTX GPU and the current flagship GTX GPU. Notice the stark difference in performance. However, I must point out that the GTX...
Your expectations are too high. PC games pushes the performance envelop because new hardware is always coming out. While CPU performance gains over the past 4 years have been small and incremental, GPU performance has skyrocketed.

The GTX 680m came out 4 years ago back in 2012. The GTX 1080 recently came out. There has been a vast improvement in performance over the 4 years. The high end GTX 680m is still considered a good GPU in comparison to what is currently available, but it is simply outclassed by the GTX 1080.

Below are the only 3 games benchmarked by Notebookcheck.net for both the old flagship mobile GTX GPU and the current flagship GTX GPU. Notice the stark difference in performance. However, I must point out that the GTX 1080 represents a fundamental change because it is the exact same chip used in desktop graphic card; but it has been slightly tweaked to reduce power consumption. There is between a 5% to 10% performance difference between the GTX 1080 in a desktop and in a laptop. In the past nVidia developed one line of GPUs for the desktop and a less powerful line of GPUs for laptops.

TRenBCC.png

I do not focus on ultra high end gaming laptops, but I would say that if you want the best performance laptop, then you should consider a laptop with a GTX 1070 SLI configuration. However, that is slightly above your budget at $3,200 for the following laptop.

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GT73VR-SLI-058-Extreme-i7-6820HK/dp/B01IVZ12W0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482356653&sr=8-2&keywords=gtx+1080+sli+laptop

Don't bother looking for any laptops with GTX 1080 SLI. Those laptops sell for over $4,500.

Solution