Best DSLRs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

sskings

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
For most users shooting indoors, outdoors, and with some Photoshop capabilities the Canon 5DMkIII is a superior camera to Nikon D800 at the high end. It's high ISO capability is remarkable, excellent video, and 24 MP is enough pixels for anything by wall size blow ups. IMO....

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
I disagree. the D800 is a much better camera. I have used both, and ended up buying the D800. It has much better dynamic range, and a better ISO comparison at 100% crop just to name a few. On the personal side, I prefer the feel and mechanics of the D800.

andrewyu2005

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
according to digital revtv nikon is a much better camera compare to canon 5dmarkiii because it has a better iso and much better dyanamic style not only it give a lot of the detail, it also sharper canon 5 d mark iii is good in capturing video and some of them say low light i dont know if it is true

andrewyu2005

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
if you want good quality and better dynamic style or range and give a lot of detail and for me the video is sharper.you dont mind it is rougher and noise get little rough same go for nikon d800 trust me it will have better image and video but it will still lost to canon 6d and maybe 5d mark iii in the terms of video. if you want vivid colour in your image then go for the expensive canon 1dx. if you want to have a better video precisely and adequate for you to shoot the video well , you can just choose canon 6d as your video camera. i should advise you not to drop your camera because it will be broken. if you want faster or maybe multimedia go for canon 5d mark iii. i agree on the statement that was given by pbrigido

Vermil

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
For stills, the Nikon D800 has easily the best sensor available for 'normal' money. I've looked and compared a lot of pictures. There's no doubt.
However, 5D MkIII is a better camera. It also does video better.
Right now, that is pretty much the situation across the ranges between Nikon and Canon. Nikon, somewhat better sensors, for better stills-image quality, particularly at good lighting conditions, low ISO numbers. Canon, better cameras in other regards, better focusing, better handling, better quality (no oil splashes on the sensor), better service.

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
I love the BEST OF articles that are run before the end of the year. BEST OF 2014 even though its early May.

No better than Car of the Year announcements in January - for the next year. Or how about MVP/Pro Bowl voting before the season ends or is even close to ending? Silly.

Terminatah Xray

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014
Whoever wrote this article is obviously not a photographer. The best pro dslr is the Canon 1DX. Why? because it not only does an amazing job at stills and challenging lighting conditions, but can also nail any sports or action shot. The Nikon and Sony cameras in this article can't even come close to the performance of the 1DX.

Status
Not open for further replies.