Best electric cars in 2020

wankel77

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Odd that Chevy was excluded. I know 50000 cars sold since 2016 isn't a lot....but it seems weird it wasn't even mentioned.

Feb 23, 2020
I am surprised that the Chevy Bolt EV was passed over as top ten EV's.
They are are currently selling for less than $30k, have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, thermal battery management which extends cold weather range and they get 259 miles per charge.

Feb 23, 2020
I can't believe you left out the Chevy Bolt. I have a 2017 BOLT EV Premier and it's efficient, fast and long on utility.

TheQ42

Estimable
Feb 24, 2020
Add me to the list of annoyed people. How do you leave the Bolt off the list and have the Leaf (which isn't a bad car, mostly) up there with "proven reliability" as a justification? The Leaf's battery pack is passively conditioned, and thus degrades more quickly than others on your list (and the Bolt).

This is just incomplete, or John Quain doesn't much like GM.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020
What? The all-battery EV that is actually available in all 50 states and in several other countries around the world, has been around since 2016, and is a SOLID performer with very high quality ratings, great range, and utility... isn't even ON THE LIST? The CHEVY BOLT EV. I've tried almost all the cars on this list, and for the money, utility, egress/ingress, and range the Bolt wins. And why aren't the upcoming VW's on this list? Or the Kona Niro, which is a great car.

Publishing stuff like this doesn't do you or anyone a service. It's like Fox News. Lies or out of context BS for money.