Best Fitness Trackers 2014 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lafn

Estimable
Jan 28, 2015
I am trying to find a watch to monitor sleep and heart rate for my dad that doesn't need a smart phone. Anyone know of one? Thank you.

mprospero

Senior Editor
Oct 4, 2013
@Mumbling Mac - Our reviews for the Fitbit Charge, Charge HR and Surge are now up. The Charge HR is now our favorite overall, and the Surge is our favorite fitness tracker watch.
@Iafn - You can use the Charge HR with just a notebook or computer.

Senduci

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014
I'm trying to decide on the UP 3 or the Fitbit surge. I got the UP 24 for Christmas and am NOT happy with it's sleep tracker, nor is it comfortable to wear. From what I have read online, the faulty sleep mode seems to be a big problem with the UP 24. I'm returning it!! With that said, I am curious if the UP 3 has the same problems. I still want a fitness tracker, especially one that has a sleep tracker without bugs. UP 3 or Fitbit Surge?

mfano

Estimable
May 18, 2015
OK...I have the Garmin Vivofit II. Counts steps, gives me an audio warning if I sit for more than an hour...gives me the time, date/ month, sleep function, heart rate if I use my chest band, times, calories and automatically raise my step goal the more I walk. It also has a back light...and the batteries last a year. I find it works well and is waterproof.....So it has replaced my regular wrist watch...be aware the only way to change the time is to sych it will your computer....

monim01

Estimable
Sep 8, 2015
Honestly, I don't like the Fitness Band. I think it is much better two a smart watch rather than using a Fitness Band. Currently I am using Samsung Gear S and thinking about switching to upcoming Modular smart watch.

mofoegogo

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
Hi. I currently wear the Fitbit Flex. I track my calories burned during weightlifting and cardio workouts with a Polar HRM. I would like a wearable that will do both. I currently track my workouts with Fiitness Pal. Do I need a coach tracker or a fitness tracker? I noticed there were classifications for each in your review. Thansk.s.

Thanks mprospero.

How about we clean up and close this thread and start a new one, with links to all of the various models in the first post?

Then we can get some feedback from users, and deal with their queries?

Status
Not open for further replies.