Best full gtx 1060/1070 or rtx 2060/2070 laptop for under $1800?

Tmansdc

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
General Questions

1) What is your budget? $1800 is the absolute max. Would prefer under $1600 though.

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
a. Ultraportable; 10" - 12" screen
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
3) Which country will you buying this notebook? USA

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? Any decent brand is fine.
a. Like:
b. Dislike:
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed? Redistributed the way the topic says where if they've never been used and just shipped a bit then sure. Refurbished if only they have the same warranty and/or preferably have never been used or very little.

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? College, gaming, internet, video editing, and word processing.

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? Desk 75% of the time, school 20% of the time, the other 5% will be on my month long trips I do every year.

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? (If so, please state which games or types of games?) Any and all kinds that's why I want a full GTX 1060/1070 or RTX 2060/2070.

9) How many hours of battery life do you need? As long as I can get at least four hours on full power saving with the screen on 30% or less brightness I'm good.

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? As long as there's pictures that show what the laptop looks like and shows it's sides and ports I'm good with online.

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc. Windows.

Screen Specifics

12) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer? (See further below for explanations.) 1080p

13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (See further below for explanations.) Preferably matte but if there's a semi-glossy one or even full glossy one that fulfills all my other requirements then I'm good with that as well.

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? Just as long as it wouldn't be publicly ridiculed I'm good.

Notebook Components

15) How much hard drive space do you need? 256gb ssd is fine even 128gb ssd. I have a brand new 4tb external usb 3.1 hard drive I'm going to use for all my files/programs anyways. Of course the more the space the better!

Timing, Warranty and Longevity

16) When are you buying this laptop? I need to make a decision by midnight MST on Tuesday so 55 hours from this post.

17) How long do you expect to use this laptop? Four years minimum, six years max.

18) How long could you afford to do without your laptop if it were to fail? A week or two. I still have a working 2013 Toshiba qosmio x70.

19) Would you be willing to pay significantly extra for on-site warranty, or would it be acceptable to you to have to ship the laptop to the vendor for repair with perhaps a week or more outage? I can deal with 2 weeks to ship it off as long as my backup still works.

Also I'd like the weight to preferably be 5.5 lbs at the absolute most or less. Also cooling is very important. Also 15.6 inch is the size I want. I want 16gb of ddr4 2400 or 2666mhz ram in a dual channel configuration and an i7-8750h.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mjmani22 Laptop General Discussion 1
P Laptop General Discussion 1
akashbd69 Laptop General Discussion 1
L Laptop General Discussion 2
S Laptop General Discussion 0
SherrifPL Laptop General Discussion 1
boyyaacob89 Laptop General Discussion 1
john.van Laptop General Discussion 0
S Laptop General Discussion 1
E Laptop General Discussion 2
B Laptop General Discussion 1