Best Gaming/Audio headphones for under $200

hrath

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
So I intend to buy a new pair of headphones for Gaming and listening to Music, I have ONLY $200 including taxes and shipping, so keep that in mind. I can ship to Canada or the United States.

Notes:
-I am an audiophile- audio quality is VERY important to me
-Another thing that is super important is design, I think anything that looks like Rosewill RHTS-8206 or Steelseries Siberia looks really stupid
-Portability and weight are also factors, but not so big.
-Don't ask what sound card I have, because I've got no clue
-I am not willing to buy another sound card

I was thinking of getting this: Tiamat 7.1
mainly because of how cool it looks, I have heard some bad things (not many) about it but Razer recently released their audio client and since most problems are with that, I think it should be fine.

Any and all suggestion appreciated!

Solution
Looks like you want a headset instead. The Skullcandy Slyr headset is about the best price/performance one that I've tried. And I've tried a bunch of headsets and headphones being an audiophile myself. I find that headsets are generally crap. I would advice that you buy a good pair of headphones and a separate microphone like the modmic. It's very doable with $200 budget. So if you are on the road, you don't need to always have a mic around.

ksham

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
Looks like you want a headset instead. The Skullcandy Slyr headset is about the best price/performance one that I've tried. And I've tried a bunch of headsets and headphones being an audiophile myself. I find that headsets are generally crap. I would advice that you buy a good pair of headphones and a separate microphone like the modmic. It's very doable with $200 budget. So if you are on the road, you don't need to always have a mic around.

Solution

random stalker

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
exactly as ksham says - get some decent headphones and a cheap clip-on microphone /they usually cost less than $10/.
as for the headphones - they depend on the music style you're listening to.
check this guide - I've been using it for a time, and it never failed me>
http://www.overclock.net/t/1014902/ocns-most-recommended-audio-products#