Best Gaming/Coding/Programming Laptop

ShlumpCity

Estimable
Aug 13, 2015
1. What is your budget?
Under $1000 (leaning towards $800-900, but willing to spend more)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15 inches preferably
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080p
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable (I will be bringing it to College with me)
5. How much battery life do you need?
~5 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes, I love games. I've been playing a lot of LoL, Hearthstone, WoW, CMW2, CS:GO, and many more!
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I'm majoring in Computer Science so I will be doing a lot of programming and coding.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
The bigger the better! I'm probably going to end up installing a 500GB SSD anyways.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
None at the moment.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4 years hopefully? At least get me through college, with a few upgrades here and there.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Doesn't matter.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Lenovo, MSI, Asus are all great. I have no negative attitude towards any brand....yet.
13. What country do you live in?
USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
As I said in question 7, I'm a CompSci major, and an avid gamer, therefore a laptop suitable for both of these is ideal. I have been researching on my own and I've liked the Lenovo Y50 and the MSI GE70 Apache so far. Any other suggestions would help immensely!
Thanks in advance!

ShlumpCity

Estimable
Aug 13, 2015

Thanks for the reply! Not really a huge fan of Dell, however that laptop is right in my price range. Might have to consider it!