Best gaming laptop: mac book pro (OS- windows) or other laptops with similar price tag

Rajessh

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
I am planning to buy a beast for gaming and I kinda like the macbook pro (2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache, 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory, 256GB flash storage, Intel Iris Pro Graphics). As windows can be installed on mac, will I be able to play all those games (especially Mass effect 3 , Battlefield 4, Pay day 2 , assassin's creed) that can be played on the alien ware and other holy laptops of gaming. If yes, is Intel Iris Pro Graphics enough or Intel Iris Pro Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics is a mandatory? I just want my gaming beast to look like an angel(mac). I am really in need of a mac and a gaming beast because I make iOS apps and I am fond of games. Please help me. Thanks a million in advance.

Solution
Apple is the last place if you're looking for gaming PCs or laptops! Unless you care more about looks than performance, by all means...
Then there's the issue with resolution: Any discrete mobile gpu or igp is going to struggle when driving Apple's 'retina' display when playing any particularly graphic intensive game (e.g., BF4).

MSI has really good deals on their gaming laptops. For the same price as a MBP you can get a laptop with at least a gtx 765M (for their slimmer models) or a gtx 770M.

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

Just to say but a macbook pro SUCKS at gameing. You pay way to much and you get a 500-600€ laptop for it. And iris pro is better but still its not good enough for gaming if i were you i would go for this laptop: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y510p/
just to let you know if you get this one get the one with the gt750m in sli. And this laptop is way more powerfull then an macbook while still being very light and compact for the power thats in it.

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
Apple is the last place if you're looking for gaming PCs or laptops! Unless you care more about looks than performance, by all means...
Then there's the issue with resolution: Any discrete mobile gpu or igp is going to struggle when driving Apple's 'retina' display when playing any particularly graphic intensive game (e.g., BF4).

MSI has really good deals on their gaming laptops. For the same price as a MBP you can get a laptop with at least a gtx 765M (for their slimmer models) or a gtx 770M.

Solution