Best GTX 1060 Laptop on a budget

sreerram.chavali

Prominent
Nov 18, 2017
I have been searching for a budget laptop with a GTX 1060 and RGB backlighting and I am beginning to think there is no such thing. My budget is $1,400 and I want hopefully 16GB RAM but I will settle for 8GB and I am fine with a 60HZ panel, please help.

Solution
The 7577 is pretty great, I have the 4K version, with an I7, 16Gb RAM, 512GB nVME SSD + 1TB HDD, and Dell's service is the best I've seen. Infact I bought a $700 refurb 7567 (1080P, I7, 8GB RAM, with 1TB HDD) that had uneven core temps and after complaining twice they gave me this fully maxed out 7577 which is wortharound $1,300-1,400, for no additional cost, they call it a "system exchange". Another nice addition is the fingerprint sensor in the power button. Plus Dell doesn't void warranty for upgrading parts and they don't have white lists like Lenovo does for WiFi adapters.

HP and Acer I would avoid like a plague, never seen anyone with one of these that lasted more than a year or two without issues.

If RGB lighting is more...

avtella

Great
Feb 21, 2018
The 7577 is pretty great, I have the 4K version, with an I7, 16Gb RAM, 512GB nVME SSD + 1TB HDD, and Dell's service is the best I've seen. Infact I bought a $700 refurb 7567 (1080P, I7, 8GB RAM, with 1TB HDD) that had uneven core temps and after complaining twice they gave me this fully maxed out 7577 which is wortharound $1,300-1,400, for no additional cost, they call it a "system exchange". Another nice addition is the fingerprint sensor in the power button. Plus Dell doesn't void warranty for upgrading parts and they don't have white lists like Lenovo does for WiFi adapters.

HP and Acer I would avoid like a plague, never seen anyone with one of these that lasted more than a year or two without issues.

If RGB lighting is more important than maybe an Alienware 13, Asus GL series, some of the MSI stealth units or the Gigabyte Aero might be in your price range.

FYI if you buy laptops in Costco you get 4 Years warranty. 2 Years from Costco membership + 2 more for Costco Visa card. Also if buying from Dell, they always have sales and coupon codes that you can search online or just by calling them before buying they will reduce the price. If you don't mind refurbs (mine looks mint) you might get better units at a lower cost. Remember that after sales support is very important should anything go wrong, so be careful of smaller companies.

Solution