Best headphones for around $100

ahmed1369

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
First of all.... I DONT WANT GAMING HEADPHONES!!!!! I want some headphones that are great for listening to music and watching movies for around 100 bucks I will be playing games with them but I honestly think gaming headphones are a gimmick and id rather use them for some quality music listening (has to be from Amazon)

Edit: I would also like to know a good microphone for about $10

EpicStarman

Estimable
Jun 9, 2014
Well if you want a quality pair of headphones, get the Audio Technica ATH-M50's. They are studio monitor quality headphones, and they will work for anything. As far as the mic goes, 10 bucks is a bit cheap. If you want a decent mic, the ModMic 4.0 just came out and you can attach it to any pair of headphones ever. They cost about 50 bucks and will be better than all 10 dollar mics. So yeah, that is what I got.

ksham

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
You missed an awesome deal last week. Amazon had a golden deal (one-day) sale on a Harman Kardon CL Precision headphones for only $64.99. Retail price is $250. (I snagged one. ^_^)

Anyway, as of the time of this post, the best sub-$100 (by Amazon pricing) headphones in my honest opinion is the Gemini DJ HSR-1000. It's $80. It has great sound profiles and a very sturdy quality construction, unlike most headphones that are made of cheap plastic. It is also very comfortable.

The modmic would also be my suggestion for a mic. It's pretty much the only mic that i recommend using. The Zalman mic is cheap and cheap for a reason. It has terrible noise cancelling. Any noise whatsoever, like fiddling with the cable of the headphones (vibrations), scuffling of the shirt, computer / AC fans, etc are all picked up by that mic. It really picks up a lot of high frequency sounds. It makes it very unpleasant for the user on the other end who has to hear all that annoying ruckus.

EpicStarman

Estimable
Jun 9, 2014

I would wait to get a mic. I have a Blue Snowball Microphone, and it is probably one of the best microphones under 100 dollars. Would recommend it across the board, hope I have been helpful :D

ksham

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013

In that case, they are a good set of headphones. They are not comfortable off the bat. You'll need to use it for about 45 - 55 hours to get the pressure loosened. Both good options. :)