Best Headset For Your Money?

Anencephalus

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014
I've finally finished my list of upgrades I'm planning on adding to my PC.

Now I move from hardware to peripherals. What is a decent gaming headset recommended that is decently priced. I am not planning on spending any more than $80 (you can still list anything over $80 as there are many upcoming sales).

I'm mainly looking for:

• obviously a decent sound system (doesn't have to be over the top but if I'm investing in a headset I want good quality sound),

durability- I don't care who made them or what they can do I want them to last longer than a month!

Comfort is important to me, but a $200 headset that can perform similar to an $80 headset is of no interest to me if the $200 simply looks better and/or feels better.

Must have a mic.

Solution
It will be in most definitely because most gaming headsets have crap drivers, I mean CRAP. What I would do with that budget is spend $60 in a decent headset and $20 on the mic. The thing about mics is that you might not hear how crap it is, but others do. You know that jackass in the game that has a terrible mic and sounds like crap? Well that'll be you. If you were in the position of the person on the other end you wouldn't want to hear that right? Others don't either. Because of that I would spend a little bit more money on the mic, not so much that it can be placed in the professional category but just one that has decent ratings and have had people talk about how good the mic sounds.

Axedavid201

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Don't get a gaming head set. What you do is get a decent sounding headset and a separate mic. Because lets face it, if you compare a desk mic and a decent headset to a gaming headset it sounds much better. It might take a little more time to set up or might cost a little more, but it's well worth it. I don't have recommendations for pieces to buy but just keep in mind that getting the headset and mic separate that are decent quality beats a gaming by a lot.

Axedavid201

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
It will be in most definitely because most gaming headsets have crap drivers, I mean CRAP. What I would do with that budget is spend $60 in a decent headset and $20 on the mic. The thing about mics is that you might not hear how crap it is, but others do. You know that jackass in the game that has a terrible mic and sounds like crap? Well that'll be you. If you were in the position of the person on the other end you wouldn't want to hear that right? Others don't either. Because of that I would spend a little bit more money on the mic, not so much that it can be placed in the professional category but just one that has decent ratings and have had people talk about how good the mic sounds.

Solution