Best headset under $200?

ixkobexi

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
I mainly play CS 1.6 and CS:GO and I am looking for a headset preferably less than $200. I am thinking about getting the Astro A40 (2013 Edition) w/ the mix amp, because at the time of posting this, they are $150.

Edit: Also my motherboard is an AsRock Z77 extreme6

Lutfij

Splendid
If you're using the onboard audio solution I'd suggest getting a pair of analogue headphones and most certainly you can find analogue headphones that provide surround sound. USB driven headphones are bad since they use the USB port to perform all the audio processing and output bypassing the audio chip/sound card altogether so in essence you aren't receiving any of the audio tweaks from the onboard audio device.

Might I ask where you'll be making a purchase from? Newegg? NCIX? Since you stated a USD budget, I'll account for you residing within USA ;) ...?

ixkobexi

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014

I will be purchasing from Amazon or Newegg. Would the HyperX Cloud, Logitech G430 or Logitech G930 be a good choice?

Lutfij

Splendid
Thank You ,ixkobexi ,for awarding my post as the Best Solution - though if you don't mind I'd like to keep this thread open so you can give us your thoughts on the headset post purchase. These kind of threads can act as a mini guide for consumers within the same price bracket.

Hope you enjoy them headphones!

;)

Brian Singer

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014
"What mobo you got? (looking for ALC1150 audio chip)

Try Logitech G930 $100 "

Logitech G930 has good reviews quality and price wise. You can also try these headsets http://headsetplus.com/blog/top-5-most-affordable-quality-office-wireless-headsets/ for quality and affordability.