Best Introductory Language

dogman_1234

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
Hello THG,

What language does the community recommend for computer users who are interested in pracicing the dark art of programming? Sto be honest, there really are no plans as of now as to what i will do. There are; however, some ideas like a game simulator, basic math generator, etc...etc...

I have a large list of programming languages available in my text editor for my OS. Feel free to give off a list if you wish! :lol:

what I am specifically looking for is a language I can learn to give me an idea behind programming, how to develop a logical way of thinking when programming, and give confidence when programming. There are the baisc premise of my intent.

dogman_1234

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
There is something that I would like to do,

I would like to build a blackjack simulator. Here are the details:

-Begin by setting up parameters for the game simulation (S17/H17, #/o/Decks, Double/Split rules, DAS rules, Ace rules, Surrender rules, Natual payouts, etc...)
-Run sim to find optimal strategy for specific play
-Calculate house edge for specific rules
-Calculate the effect fo removal of cards
-Set up betting parameters according to tag values to cards, ( for card counting ventures)
-Calculate optimal betting, (for card counting ventures)

I feel doing something like this would force me to seek out many resources to get me more indepth for programming.

What does the community think?