best lap top for small biz......

theophany

Estimable
Apr 2, 2015
i own a small staffing agency we use our laptops for pulling resumes off of job boards and a variety of surfing and misc. word processing .. WE need them to be FAST FAST FAST .... i am a huge fan of the IBM thinkpad.... What should i get?

Solution
Fast, not really something that comes up for business laptops these days. Most business class software will run on pretty much anything.

Thinkpads are a good choice for larger companies as they have all kinds of IT related features like VPro chips and BitLocker support. They are actually quite expensive.

We piloted a few Carbon X1 here and they were quite good. Ended up with a bulk purchase from Dell though. (Actually second choice, the finance people insisted on a cheaper HP, if they had been able to deliver we would have had them instead)

Latitude E7440 are what we ended up with. Dell installed Lite-on SSDs in all of them.

For a small business any laptop with an i5 u class processor with 4-8GB of memory is all that is really...

Eximo

Distinguished
Herald
Fast, not really something that comes up for business laptops these days. Most business class software will run on pretty much anything.

Thinkpads are a good choice for larger companies as they have all kinds of IT related features like VPro chips and BitLocker support. They are actually quite expensive.

We piloted a few Carbon X1 here and they were quite good. Ended up with a bulk purchase from Dell though. (Actually second choice, the finance people insisted on a cheaper HP, if they had been able to deliver we would have had them instead)

Latitude E7440 are what we ended up with. Dell installed Lite-on SSDs in all of them.

For a small business any laptop with an i5 u class processor with 4-8GB of memory is all that is really required. SSD makes the computer boot very quickly and offers a fast Windows experience. Won't really have a huge impact on anything else.

What kind of budget are we talking?

Solution