Best laptop between these?

tbartoli

Estimable
Mar 4, 2015
Hi everyone,
I am making final decisions on a new laptop.

My aim is to have the most POWERFUL laptop possible at the LIGHTEST possible.
I know that compromises have to be made since this is an impossible request but keep these criteria in mind :)

My choices are:
Alienware 13 (upgraded to i7) - I'm also open to the Alienware 15 but the improvement would be a better graphics card at the compromise of weight. You guys tell me: is it worth it?
MSI GE62
Lenovo Y50

My concerns are that the Alienware and Lenovo have 860M cards, not too sure if its a big compromise or not since i'm no expert.

Also, if you know a laptop I may have overlooked that fits into my criteria better than the ones i've listed then please share with me!

Thanks guys!

Solution
Both the msi and the lenovo are bigger than the alienware. All three are similarly specced, but the msi has a better graphics card. I suggest you go for the msi. The lenovo is also pretty good, and allow the alienware as its the same price but smaller in screen size.

shafeeislam

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015
Both the msi and the lenovo are bigger than the alienware. All three are similarly specced, but the msi has a better graphics card. I suggest you go for the msi. The lenovo is also pretty good, and allow the alienware as its the same price but smaller in screen size.

Solution

tbartoli

Estimable
Mar 4, 2015
Ok cool, I now either may get the MSI GE62 or the Razer Blade (2014). Ignoring price, how does razer stack up in terms of gaming? It seems to have equal specs to the great gaming laptops out there. I can afford it, it'll just hurt.

shafeeislam

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015

Both are pretty much identical in gaming standards and will perform very similar. But the razor is bigger at 17 inches, plus it has a touchscreen pad on the keyboard. So out of those id go with the razor. But in all honesty id buy a custom built, with that money you could get a very good gaming rig. But if laptops is what you require then go fr the razor.