Best laptop cooling pad and/or fans?

Jake Milliken

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014
So, my laptop overheats and shuts down whenever I heavily play TF2 for around an hour, but both startup times for the both times it has happened were normal. I started looking for a cooling pad for my laptop and I found one I liked, but I wanted to see if you guys knew of any the best cooling pads (my laptop is 17" ). Another thing I wanted to ask is is it a good idea to replace the fans in a cooling pad (assuming the default ones in the cooling pad are pretty good)? And if you do suggest replacing the fans, do you know of the best fans (depending on the size fans of the pad of course) that perfectly compromise CFM, Static Pressure, and quietness?

Cooling pad I liked: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834966316&cm_re=Cooling_Pad-_-34-966-316-_-Product

snowctrl

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
T problem wit coolin pads for laptops is that different laptops generate heat in different places. So t best pad is probably simply t one wit t biggedt most powerful static pressure fan.

From experience, try mountin yo laptop on a small book so air can get under it - u may find (as ai did) this is enough t keep it runnin cool n prevent blue screens.