Best laptop for student filmmaker?

whitty1001

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
Hi. I'm trying to decide what laptop will work best for me as a student filmmaker. Obviously it needs to be portable and fairly high end with the capability for video editing alongside word documents and web browsing.

I'm leaning towards the 13" MacBook Pro paired with a 23" monitor (for editing specifically) however is there anything else I should consider?

Solution
Mac or not really depends on the software you will be using, and possibly what your co-students and teachers use. If they all have Macs, then you may have a harder time working out features and software options since they will be using different things. If it's a mix in your field, then you can look at a Windows system which will either be faster for the same price or cheaper for the same speed.
Mac or not really depends on the software you will be using, and possibly what your co-students and teachers use. If they all have Macs, then you may have a harder time working out features and software options since they will be using different things. If it's a mix in your field, then you can look at a Windows system which will either be faster for the same price or cheaper for the same speed.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS