Best Macbook for my needs

May 31, 2018
I recently spoke with a google representative about potential jobs for computer science students and I have been really interested, yet he told me I would probably want a Macbook as it allows me to develop for the Unix architecture. I have done my research and decided that I dont want anything later than a 2015 macbook pro. 15" of screenspace is prefered as it allows more code on screen but 13" is also fine. I want to get the best specifications for my money. I have looked into two main options. The 13" 2015 MBP with 500gb ssd, i5 and 8gb of ram, and the late 2012/early 2013 15" MBP with the i7 3740qm, with 500gb ssd and 16gb of ram. The 2012/13 model has better specs but I am not sure which is better as a computer, as I have my fears about buying an older laptop. This laptop has to last me for the next 3-4 years so I want it to last and perform well enough for that time. A 500gb ssd is a must and a resolution below 1080p is unacceptable. Out of these two laptops which would be better for me and are there any macbooks better than these two for my needs? Thanks :)

sonali456

Great
May 9, 2018
Apple 13-inch MacBook can handle basics like email and web browsing as well as more-demanding tasks such as photo editing, gaming at lower quality settings, and compiling code. We recommend it over the Touch Bar version because it has better battery life