Best microphones for under $100

BadAtComputerss

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015
I have a headset which mic is not the best and was wondering what mics are available for a cheap cost (under $100)
I don't have a sound-card but the motherboard I have says that they have great sound with no audio card (Who knows if that's true).
I record some videos and want good sound (with little white noise) and am on a budget.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
I use the Blue Snowball and really like it. It's a bit big but the stand is very stable. It runs about $70 and has a few different color choices.
https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Snowball-Microphone-Brushed-Aluminum/dp/B000EOPQ7E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1499904903&sr=8-3&keywords=Blue%2BSnowball%2BUSB%2BMicrophone&th=1

The Blue Yetti is a step up from there and depending on where you buy it you can get it for about $100, but most places sell it for $130.

Don't worry about having an add on audio card. Unless you need the features or the AMP, you likely don't, it's not worth the cash. Onboard audio for most things is more than enough. Test out your current setup with a good mic (also consider getting a pop filter for it) and judge from there...

azaran

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
I use the Blue Snowball and really like it. It's a bit big but the stand is very stable. It runs about $70 and has a few different color choices.
https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Snowball-Microphone-Brushed-Aluminum/dp/B000EOPQ7E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1499904903&sr=8-3&keywords=Blue%2BSnowball%2BUSB%2BMicrophone&th=1

The Blue Yetti is a step up from there and depending on where you buy it you can get it for about $100, but most places sell it for $130.

Don't worry about having an add on audio card. Unless you need the features or the AMP, you likely don't, it's not worth the cash. Onboard audio for most things is more than enough. Test out your current setup with a good mic (also consider getting a pop filter for it) and judge from there. If it's not recording at the levels you want/need, then start looking in to an add on card.

Solution