Best Mirrorless Cameras 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
In regard to EOS-M mirrorless, because of bad press related to slow AF, it will likely be soon replaced with newer model but that makes the current model ridiculously cheap. I found one for $300 with 18-55kit lens. It is very well built and uses large APSC size sensor. Also there was a firmware upgrade that greatly improved AF performance since the original. It is still not as fast as it should be but not terrible and complete bargain if your a Canon guy.

bujuki

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
As much as I like GX7 and want to buy it to replace my GX1, I would have chose Olympus EM1 for the best high-end mirrorless :
- 5 axises in-body-image-stabilizer vs 2
- IBIS also works for video recording
- weatherproof body
The only thing I choose GX7 over EM1 is because of its price (1000 vs 1400). IMO other lesser advantages (such as : smaller-and-lighter body, built-in flash, silent electronic shutter and tiltable EVF) aren't really enough to win the high-end category,

hero1

Honorable
May 9, 2012
I bought the Sony NEX-5R and it was an amazing camera but I didn't like the non-standard hot-shoe, so I took it back. I will probably end up getting the GX7 as it has all that I need and more unless Sony comes out with a better NEX-7 or something similar.

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
In regard to EOS-M mirrorless, because of bad press related to slow AF, it will likely be soon replaced with newer model but that makes the current model ridiculously cheap. I found one for $300 with 18-55kit lens. It is very well built and uses large APSC size sensor. Also there was a firmware upgrade that greatly improved AF performance since the original. It is still not as fast as it should be but not terrible and complete bargain if your a Canon guy.

Frankly most mirrorless cameras don't have extremely fast focus (Like pro dslr bodies) The EOS M has great quality and many more lens options than a M4/3 mount. Also, manual focus is completely acceptable, people should use it more often. And, the EOS M has superb video quality and it's cheap.

In my opinion, you can't get better for the price. The two cons I know of however is battery life can be short and also an adapter is almost mandatory one you want to upgrade glass.

just my $0.02

lunyone

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Oh how I love the proof reading of this article:
"The downside of these small cameras is that you generally loose some of the features that their bigger DSLR cousins can offer"

Last time I checked Loose isn't the same as Lose???

whaletail

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
So the Samsung is a better camera than either the Olympus OMD-EM1 or the Fuji X-T1?

Hopefully, any readers looking at semi-pro mirrorless bodies will actually read some real reviews before buying.

Rui Soares

Estimable
May 16, 2014
best entry\midrange mirrorless is the sony a6000, offer much more features\options\iq better image quality\af speed\video etc

Status
Not open for further replies.